- Sole Practitioner, 00/00/1983
About Attorney Erspamer
Attorney David M. Erspamer is a highly recognized and regarded personal injury attorney who has devoted more than two decades in legal practice to the protection and preservation of the rights of those who have been injured or killed because of someone else's carelessness and negligence at work or in an automobile accident. He listens intently when his clients explain the situations that caused their injury; he cares deeply in helping to right the wrongs his clients have suffered; and he wins his clients cases.
Attorney Erspamer is a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, the highest accreditation made of litigation attorneys. He has many published decisions in the Wisconsin Supreme Court, Wisconsin Court of Appeals, and the Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Division.
David was born in Ironwood, Michigan and reared in good ethics and sound family values. He pursued his undergraduate degree from St. John's University, graduating with high honors. He continued his education and obtained his law degree from the University of Minnesota graduating with cum laude honors.
He is a member of the National Board of Trial Advocacy, St. Croix Valley Bar Association, Polk-Burnett Bar Association, Hennepin County Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, American Bar Association, State Bar of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, and a past member of the Gamma Eta Gamma Fraternity.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation -- Wisconsin & Minnesota 60%
- Personal Injury 30%
- Social Security 10%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Court Trial Attorney, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer Super Lawyer, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Minnesota, 1981
- Wisconsin, 1980
- U.S. Federal Court, 1983
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1980
- Honors: cum laude
- St John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1976
- Honors: cum laude
- Tift v. Forage King Industries, Inc., 108 Wis. 2d 72, 322 N.W.2d 14 32 ALR 45th 196 (Wis. 1982)
- Nordeen v. Hammerlund, 182 Wis. 2d 164,389 N.W.2d 828 (Wis.App. 1986)
- Sachsenmaier v. Mittlestadt, 145 Wis. 2d 781, 429 N.W.2d 532 (Wis.App. 1988)
- Larson v. Zilz, 151 Wis. 2d 637, 445 N.W.2d 699 (Wis.App. 1989)
- Richard v. Richards, 181 Wis. 2d 1007, 513 N.W. 2d 118 (1994)
- Clay v. Horton Manufacturing Company, Inc., 172 Wis. 2d 349, 493 N.W. 2d 279 (1992)
- Westfall v. Kottke, 110 Wis. 2d 86, 328 N.W. 2d 481 (1983)
- In Re Marriage of Beverly and David Dennis, 117 Wis. 2d 249, 344 N.W. 2d 128 (1984)
- Wistrom V. Poffenberger, 165 Wis. 392, 478 N.W. 2d 67
- In Re Marriage of Dennis, 117 Wis. 2d 249, 344 N.W. 2d 128
- Tift v. Forage King Industries, Inc., 102 Wis. 2d 327, 306 N.W. 2d 289
- Owen R. Williams, Esq.
- Joe Thrasher, Esq.
- James A. Pelish, Esq.
Honors and Awards
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer - 2006, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Amicus Curiae Committee, 1985
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- St. Croix Valley Bar Association
- Polk-Burnett Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Gamma Eta Gamma Fraternity, Past Member
- Amery Area United Way, President
- Amery Community Club, Past President, 2002 to 2002
- Lake Wapogasset Sanitary District, President, 1986 - Present